Light-duty Electric Vehicle Charging Infrastructure Analysis for Title 24, Part 11 (CALGreen)
This report documents support provided to California Air Resource Board (CARB) staff in developing of initial proposals for 2022 CALGreen light-duty Electric Vehicle charging infrastructure requirements for multifamily and nonresidential buildings. Supporting documentation includes a comparison of EV requirements from 37 local jurisdiction reach codes across California, an EV charging infrastructure cost study comparison from previously published reports, and a summary of existing building EV requirements from local reach codes and select international codes. Finally, recommendations for future code updates are presented, including:
- Load shaping to align charging with renewable generation
- Futureproofing considerations to reduce retrofit costs
- Improving technical power requirement
- Incorporating automatic load management systems and establishing minimum performance requirements
- Accommodating variations in dwell-times
- Filling data gaps to support future code enhancements.
Measure proposals, supporting documents, and other outside references will be made public as they become available.
Get Email Updates
The Statewide Codes and Standards Enhancement (CASE) Team periodically distributes email notifications that promote upcoming meetings, provide materials from past meetings, and update stakeholders on the progression of the California Energy Commission (CEC)’s rulemaking process. You can choose to receive measure-specific and/or general updates on these topics depending on your needs.