This CASE Report presents justifications for code changes to HVAC requirements that refine and build on prior code changes to Title 24, Part 6 approved by the CEC. These proposed code changes address the challenges commercial buildings face in electrifying and continue to drive increases in efficiency in the following areas:
- Limiting hot water supply temperature in hydronic systems to increase current efficiency and prepare for future electrification.
- Requirements for mechanical heat recovery and thermal energy storage in new construction, yielding large per unit energy savings for the mechanical heat recovery plus thermal energy storage (HR + TES) measure.
- Refinements to electric resistance heating that were found to be cost effective in most climate zones and small-to-medium building prototypes.
- Nonresidential HVAC Space Heating – Final CASE Report
- Nonresidential HVAC Space Heating – Draft CASE Report
Round Two Utility-Sponsored Stakeholder Meeting Materials
- Nonresidential HVAC Space Heating – Proposal Summary (May 12, 2023)
- Nonresidential HVAC Space Heating – Presentation (May 18, 2023)
- May 18, 2023 Meeting Notes
Round One Utility-Sponsored Stakeholder Meeting Materials
Give Us Your Feedback
The Statewide CASE Team values input from all stakeholders engaged in the Title 24, Part 6 code change process. We encourage the open exchange of code change comments and concerns.
Use the form above to provide feedback on this measure.