This submeasure will identify opportunities for efficiency improvements by expanding existing requirements where appropriate. The following specific proposals will be considered.
- Expand the current prescriptive cool roof requirement for steep-slope roof alterations to Climate Zones 8 and 9.
- Expand the current prescriptive cool roof requirement for low-slope roof alterations to Climate Zones 8 through 12 and 14.
- Add a requirement in Climate Zones 2, 4, and 8 through 16 for R-49 attic insulation at time of steep–slope roof replacement.
- Add a requirement in Climate Zones 2, 4, and 8 through 16 for R-14 above deck continuous insulation at time of low–slope roof replacement.
- Add prescriptive requirement for R-49 attic insulation for altered ceilings in Climate Zones 2, 4, and 8 through 16.
- Increase prescriptive requirement for attic insulation in additions <= 700 square feet to R-38 from R-30 in Climate Zones 2, 4, and 8 through 10.
- Prohibit electric resistance heating replacement systems when the existing system is an electric furnace with central air conditioning.
- Prohibit electric resistance water heating replacement systems unless the existing system is an electric resistance water heater located within conditioned space or in an exterior closet.
- Increase prescriptive requirement for duct insulation for new ducts in an alteration to R-8 from R-6 in Climate Zones 1, 2, 4, 8 through 10, and 12 through 13.
- Reduce or remove the exception for duct sealing requirements when 40 feet or less of new or replacement ductwork is installed.
Measure proposals, supporting documents, and other outside references will be made public as they become available.
Give Us Your Feedback
The Statewide CASE Team values input from all stakeholders engaged in the Title 24, Part 6 code change process. We encourage the open exchange of code change comments and concerns.
Use the form above to provide feedback on this measure.