2019 Daylighting Symposium
Please click here to RSVP, registration closes on April 19th!
Please join the California Investor-Owned Utilities, in partnership with the National Electrical Manufacturers Association Daylight Management Council, for the 2019 Daylighting Symposium. The Symposium will provide a forum for invited industry experts, academics, agency representatives, and manufacturers of daylighting building products and systems. Participants will explore daylight management solutions that address glare mitigating through the design, evaluation, application, and operation of manual, passive, or automated systems.
The overall objectives of the Symposium are to:
- Help accelerate market adoption of proven, cost-effective daylight management technologies and practices, by offering a respectful environment for planning & coordination.
- Present relevant case studies that convey the state of daylight management and glare mitigation in current practice, and identify opportunities to improve daylighting design and operational success.
- Inform overall prioritization of daylighting measures for the Title 24, Part 6, 2022 code cycle and beyond.
Breakfast and lunch will be provided the day of the event. For attendees arriving the day before, SCE will be hosting an additional optional daylighting planning & coordination meeting over dinner. We look forward to seeing you at your event!
- Daylighting Symposium Introduction by Statewide CASE Team
- State of Daylighting in California by Statewide CASE Team
- Integrated Daylighting and Glare Control System by John Crowley
- Glare Management in Daylit Spaces by Neall Digert
- Dynamic Light-Redirecting Technology by Luis Fernandes
- Predicting the Performance of Automated Glare Management Systems to Inform Design by Daniel Glaser
- Valuing Daylight and View by Lisa Heschong
- How do I affect Sustainability? by Daniel Huard
- Daylighting Commercial Buildings: Case Studies and Simulation Models by Eleanor Lee
- What's on the Horizon and What's Sunsetting by Kevin Van Den Wymelenberg
- Final Daylighting White Paper